In 1905, Frank Epperson invented the Popsicle.
He was 11 years old.
His friends loved them.
He called the treat “Epsicle”.
Later, in 1923, his own children named
the treat “pop’s ‘sicle”.
Pop means father.
Today, two billion popsicles
are sold every year.
Did you know?
Cherry is the No. 1 Popsicle flavour.
To make your Popsicles,
you will need:
• 1 cup of fruit juice
• 2 cups of fruit (mango, strawberries, kiwi or your favorite fruit)
• Ice cube tray or plastic cups
• Tinfoil and toothpicks
What to do:
• Dice the fruit.
• Put it in a food processor or a blender.
• Add juice slowly.
• Mix until smooth.
• Pour mixture into a tray or a cup.
• Cover with foil.
• Push toothpicks through foil into each popsicle.
• Freeze overnight. Remove foil. Enjoy your popsicles!