A shopping cart
Photo by iStockphoto
Adapted from the City of Richmond and RCMP Crime Prevention
The Christmas season is a busy time for shoppers.
The malls and grocery stores are full of people.
December is also a busy time for thieves.
Read the PDF.
Watch your belongings and follow these tips:
1. Wear a fanny pack instead of carrying a purse.
2. If you carry a purse, wear it across your shoulder and chest.
3. Carry credit or debit cards, not cash.
4. Let go of your purse or wallet if someone grabs it.
You may get hurt if you hold onto it.
5. Scream loudly if someone steals your belongings.
Screaming may attract attention and someone may come to help you.
6. Call 9-1-1 after a theft.
Illustrations by Nola Johnston