Information and photos courtesy of Rogers Santa Claus Parade
A parade celebrates a special time or holiday.
People march, dance and play music in the streets.
Every year more than 300,000 people
come and watch the parade in Vancouver.
Rogers Santa Claus Parade
The ninth year of this Santa Claus Parade is
on Sunday, December 2 at 1:00 p.m.
The Parade has over 300 volunteers.
More than 3,500 people are in the Parade.
This year there are over 60 bands playing music.
An event to raise funds
The parade raises money for the Food Bank.
It also collects food.
Please donate money or food at the parade.
There are places to leave your donation.
Since 2004, the parade has collected $110,000
and over 67,000 pounds of food.
What the Food Bank needs
• canned meat and fish
• peanut butter, whole wheat pasta and rice
• soups, pasta and pasta sauce
• baby food, powdered baby formula and diapers.
At 10:30 a.m. families come downtown to the Art Gallery.
For two and a half hours, children can have fun.
They can do face painting, or write a letter to Santa.
They can decorate special cookies.
Surrey’s Santa Parade of Lights
On December 2 at 5 p.m., Surrey will have their Santa Parade.
This parade has different things to see.
Many big trucks have beautiful lights all over them.
And horses are in this parade.
People donate food and toys.
• Dress in warm clothes. Bring raincoats and gloves.
• Leave umbrellas at home. They block the view.
• Let families with children sit or stand in the front.
• Let people in wheelchairs sit in front.
• Say “Sorry” if you bump into someone.
• Then say, “Merry Christmas!”