Adapted from The Province and The Vancouver Sun
David Booth plays hockey.
He is a Vancouver Canuck.
Booth went to Abbotsford.
He visited Mark Dumas.
Dumas trains animals.
His animals are in movies.
Dumas trained Billy.
Billy is a grizzly bear.
David Booth and Billy kissed.
Billy weighs 600 pounds.
He is a teenager.
Dumas started training Billy as a cub.
Wild grizzly bears are dangerous animals.
You should stay away from them.
Read the PDF and do the exercise
Visit the links
- Booth tweeted a photo of him smooching a grizzly bear.
- Learn more about grizzly bears.
Watch the videos
- Watch Mark Dumas play with Billy the grizzly bear.
- Watch Mark Dumas. He is the only man in the world to swim with a polar bear.
- Learn eight facts about grizzly bears.
Facts about grizzly bears
- Grizzly bears live up to 25 years.
- Females have babies at the age of five.
- Baby bears are called cubs.
- Cubs stay with their mothers for three years.
- Grizzlies see as well as humans.
- They can smell better than a dog.
- Grizzly bears eat insects, fruit, fish and meat.
- Grizzly bears use their claws to dig roots.
- Grizzly bears attack only when they are frightened or their cubs are threatened.