Start your day with a healthy breakfast. A balanced breakfast includes items from the main food groups.
This egg and veggie scramble is quick and tasty. It can make four servings.
What you need:
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped mixed vegetables (onions, bell peppers, mushrooms)
What you do:
- Beat eggs, milk and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Add oil to a nonstick pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add mixed vegetables to the pan. Cook until softened and liquid is gone.
- Lower heat. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cook without stirring until eggs are almost set.
- Fold the egg and vegetable mixture with a wooden spoon for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve with toast (optional).
Adapted from Canada.ca • Photo: Government of Canada