- Boil 2.5 L of water.
- Put the ham in the boiling water.
- Add all the ingredients.
List of ingredients
– 1kg fillet of ham (plain) and 2.5 L of water
– 1 carrot, 1 leek, 1 stalk celery
– 1 onion and 3/4 cloves garlic
– 1 handful fresh parsley
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder and dried basil
– 1 pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper
- Boil together for 30 minutes.
- While you are waiting, make the glaze.
Glaze, mix together:
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– 1 soupspoon of mandarin or orange juice
– 1 soupspoon of lemon juice
– 1 soupspoon of Worcestershire sauce
– a few drops of tabasco (or other hot sauce)
After the ham is boiled, brush on the glaze.
Bake the ham in the oven
for 5-10 minutes on 400 °F (or 200°C).