Cold dark days can make you feel sad, sleep too much and overeat.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) says about 15 per cent of people in Canada get the “winter blues.”
There are many ways to feel better in the winter:
- Go outside during the day.
- Keep your curtains open and spend as much time as you can near the windows.
- Go for a walk.
- Go to a gym or work out at home.
Get a good sleep
- Stick to your regular sleep schedule.
- Do not sleep too much.
Spend time on self-care
- Ask yourself how you are doing.
- Give yourself a pat on the back! You are stronger than you think.
To learn more, visit cmha.ca
Adapted from Canadian Mental Health Association • Photo: Pexels/Kampus Production