Adapted from the City of Richmond and RCMP Crime Prevention
The Christmas season is a busy time for shoppers.
The malls and grocery stores are full of people.
December is also a busy time for thieves.
Read the PDF.
Watch your belongings and follow these tips:
- Wear a fanny pack instead of carrying a purse.
- If you carry a purse, wear it across your shoulder and chest.
- Carry credit or debit cards, not cash.
- Let go of your purse or wallet if someone grabs it.
You may get hurt if you hold onto it.
- Scream loudly if someone steals your belongings.
Screaming may attract attention and someone may come to help you.
- Call 9-1-1 after a theft.