In 1905, Frank Epperson invented a sweet, frozen treat on a stick.
He was 11 years old.
In 1923, his children named the treat “pop’s ‘sicle.”
Today, two billion popsicles are sold every year.
What you need:
- 1 cup of fruit juice
- 2 cups of fruit (mango, mixed berries, kiwi or your favourite fruit)
- ice cube tray
What to do:
- Dice the fruit. Put it in a food processor or a blender.
- Add juice slowly. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the ice cube tray.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Push toothpicks through the foil into each popsicle.
- Freeze overnight. Remove foil. Enjoy your popsicles!
Submitted by Nina Gopaul in 2012, updated by Jade Chan in 2023 • Photos: Nina Gopaul